Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Cole


I can't believe it has been a year already. Today is Cole's 1st birthday. We celebrated his birthday yesterday with good friends at our house. We had a fun time playing in the pool, eating pizza and best of all making a HUGE mess with the cake. I decided on a football themed birthday for Cole. I thought it was appropriate since he was born on the opening weekend of college football, which is always anticipated at our house. I went with a cute football field cake. I opted to go with Alabama colors. I thought it would be super cute, but didn't really think of how the red icing would get on and stain everything. There are some things that will always remind us of this special day!

Cole enjoyed playing in the pool and eating pizza, but wasn't really sure about the cake. It took him a little while and a few tears before he realized there was yummy cake under all that icing. In the end he got hosed off outside and then went straight to the tub before opening presents. We had such a fun day and enjoyed celebrating this exciting time with such great people. I can't wait to see what the next year brings us with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment