Friday, March 13, 2009

Crazy Week

This week has been a busy week at the Manning house. I actually subbed 3 days. I forgot what it was like to have to get up and go to work a couple of days in a row. Needless to say by yesterday afternoon I was worn out. While I was working Emily was going to "school". She really enjoys going and seems to be learning a lot. She is always singing bits and pieces of songs they must sing. I am amazed at how much she can remember.

Emily's best buddy Sam also goes to school with her when his mom subs too. She and Sam are very used to playing together and act a lot like brother and sisters would-pushing, screaming at each other, etc. It sounds horrible but it is kind of funny too. Well, this week they were both going to be at school, so I figured Emily would be really excited. Well, on Tuesday I dropped her off at the same time as Sam and she actually cried for the first time. I think she thought that since Sam and his mom were both there we were all going to stay and have a great time. I didn't worry too much, I knew she would get over it quickly. When we got there to pick the kids up a couple of the other kids were about to tattle on Sam and Emily for something before Ms. Kelly stopped them. I thought this was kind of funny. Apparently they decided they didn't need naps and could just play during nap time. Oops! The best part about this story is Emily's version:

Me: Emily did you get in trouble at school today?
Emily: Nite Nite, Sam, play
Me: You and Sam were playing at nap time?
Emily: Yes. Josh, lay down.

So when I went to drop her off at school the next day, I told Ms. Kelly I think I had the story, but I wasn't real sure about who Josh was. Ms. Kelly told me Josh was supposed to tell Ms. Kelly if Emily got up. So I am guessing Josh kept telling Emily to lay down! This made my day.

Emily enjoyed the rest of the week at school and had no more problems at nap time!

1 comment:

  1. It's so funny to try to get the scoop out of them at this age! It's great that she has adjusted so well to going to school!

    ReplyDelete