Our main project was the kitchen. I wanted to paint the kitchen cabinets white and add hardware. They were a pickled wood color before and I didn't really like that. I was so excited with how well they came out. I think it really brightens up the kitchen and gives it a nice clean look. Dad took the kitchen job a few steps further and painted the pantry, trim work and baseboards giving the kitchen a "new" look.
Our other project was Emily's room. We really wanted her to feel like she was a part of the new house. We let her pick the color paint for her room; I had already narrowed down a few good choices for her! She decided to go with a nice purple color. We painted 3 walls light purple with 1 darker purple accent wall. She absolutely loved it when she came over and it was done. Everybody that came to the house (water, power, etc.) were told about her purple bedroom. I think it helped make the move easier for her. (Pictures to come-she is sleeping now!)
Our other main project was getting new carpet in the kids rooms and guest bedroom. They had a bad laminate floor job that we couldn't wait to replace. Once the carpet got installed it really changed the feel of those rooms.
Then of course as most of you know with a new house there are the miscellaneous jobs here and there. Tommy of course spent lots of time getting the garage perfect. He did a nice epoxy floor and gave all the walls a fresh coat of paint. It really looks great, too bad my car still won't fit in it with the boat, maybe the next house!
Once all those projects were done, we started bringing a few things over during the week. Then we finally made the big move on August 29th. Tommy's parents came in town to help us with the move and the kids. With Tommy's dad and the help of some great neighbors we were able to get all the big stuff over in one day. Then we were fortunate to have Tommy's parents stay for a couple extra days to help us get some stuff situated and put away. It is still a work in progress, but a lot better then it was a week ago.
With the move, we gained an extra bedroom, bathroom and best of all a swimming pool! I am enjoying getting everything decorated and in its place. I will continue to update with pictures. Hope you all can come see it soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment