Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What a Month

As most of you know the end of March and the beginning of April was quite a month for us. Cole had been battling a chest cold for almost a month when we left for Colorado. We had been to the Doctor three times in the month of March and he still wasn't getting a whole lot better. I took him back before we left and was given a new set of prescriptions to try. Tommy's parents did a great job keeping up with all of Cole's medicines while we were gone. He still wasn't 100% so I decided it was time to go back to the Doctor again. Every doctor visit they checked him for RSV and it was negative, so we still weren't sure why my little man couldn't get through this. In the mean time he wasn't real big on eating and had started to lose some weight, which is a red flag at his age. So this doctor visit the doctor was going to rule out all the possible things it could be. When I left the doctors office I had 9 scripts (4 medicine ones and 5 tests). I was a little overwhelmed to say the least. I filled his medicine ones and started him on new breathing treatment regiment (2 inhalers), an antihistamine, and an antibiotic. Then it was time for the hard stuff, trips to Arnold Palmer Children's hospital for an Upper GI test, a chest x-ray and a Sweat Chloride test. I also had to take Cole to have blood drawn for allergies. That was the worst of them all. He screamed and hated every slow minute of that. I left in tears feeling so sorry for him :( After a stressful week of testing, everything came back fine. He passed all the tests. He did have a very slight allergy to white oak, but that is it. He just had a bad case of bronchiolitis. I am very thankful that it wasn't anything more. Now he is finally feeling better and catching up on all that food he missed!

I have to say he was an awesome baby to have through all this. You would never know he didn't feel good, his smiles were still big as ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment